Fishing Tours & Excursions
Enjoy World-class Fishing in Belize
Belize’s tropical waters offer one of the best year-round sport fishing adventures you’ll find anywhere. Belize’s Barrier Reef is extensive and rich in natural marine habitat, creating a world-renowned fishing destination.
Relax with us at Victoria House and let our experienced local fishing guides share their years of experience fishing the waters off of Ambergris Caye. There’s nothing quite like being out on the Caribbean, under the warm sun and landing one of the multitude of fish that inhabit these waters, like: Bonefish, Tarpon, Snapper, Grouper, Jack, Barracuda, Marlin, Sailfish, Tuna, or Wahoo.
Whether you are a novice or an expert our fishing guides will assist you throughout your fishing experience on the beautiful Belize Barrier Reef.
If you desire to catch your fish and eat it too… be our guest! Our chef enjoys preparing your catch of the day to your taste, providing you with a delicious dinner.
Half & Full Day Fish Excursions
Victoria House’s fishing guides have lived their lives on Ambergris Caye, and are very knowledgeable about the area, fishing and the species of fish. Price includes the guide, equipment (for the Flats, a fly rod, or for the Reef, a spinning rod), gas, tackle, cooler with ice, sodas and water. Box lunches are available upon request from the dining room for full day fishing trips.
Catch and release fishing is done on our 22-25-foot Fly-Fishing Skiffs. You fish off the bow of the boat for the best visibility. Once on the flats the guides cut off the engine and prepares his guest on the deck to fish while he poles the boat through the flats. The bonefish flats are about 25-40 minutes on the leeward side of the island.
- 1/2 Day Flats Fishing: 7:30 am – 11:00 am
- Full Day Flats Fishing: 7:30 am – 2:30 pm
- 1/2 Day Flats Fishing: $283.50 US per boat (1 to 2 people)
- Full Day Flats Fishing: $401.00 US per boat (1 to 2 people)
- Tarpon Fishing Full Day starting at $450.00 per boat
Bottom fishing with live sardines for snapper’s, horse eye jacks, mackerel, barracuda, and groupers. After your trip you can bring your fresh caught fish to the dining room and have it prepared for lunch or dinner (fish prep is an additional dining room charge). Boats used are 25-foot skiffs.
- 1/2 Day Reef Fishing: 8:00 am – 11:30 am
- Full Day Reef Fishing: 8:00 am – 2:30 pm
- 1/2 Day Reef Fishing: $283.50 US per boat (1 to 4 people)
- Full Day Reef Fishing: $401.00 US per boat (1 to 4 people)
*Fish preparation will incur an additional dining room charge.
**Full Day can be combined with Snorkeling.
Deep Sea Fishing
Due to the proximity of the shore to the reef, the boat ride to the deep blue drop off is just a few minutes and a couple miles out to the fishing grounds. We offer trolling with bait and lures and target species like Mahi-Mahi, Sailfish, Wahoo, King Mackerel, Black Fin Tuna, and Barracudas.
Boats available on the island are center console skiffs with canopy tops varying in sizes from 28- 34 feet with a couple offering a locally made “fighting chair” and marine head onboard. Most boats do not offer any of the two. (Fish prep is an additional charge).
- 1/2 Day Deep Sea Fishing (Morning): 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Full Day Deep Sea Fishing: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
- 1/2 Day: Starting at $788.00 US per boat (1 to 4 people)
- Full Day: starting at $1,300.00 US per boat (1 to 4 people)
* Fish preparation will incur an additional dining room charge.
Fish/BBQ/Snorkel or Fish/BBQ/Fish
The trip begins at 8:30am. At the reef we bottom fish with live sardines for snapper’s, horse eye jacks, mackerel, barracuda, and groupers. After you catch enough you head to a private beach area. The guide will BBQ the fish for you. After lunch you head out to the reef again to either fish some more or snorkel.
- Full Day Excursion: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
- Full Day Excursion: $465.75 US for (1 to 4 people)
- Full Day Excursion: $106.88 US per person if more than 4 people
* Rates are in $USD and include all taxes and fees
** Taxes and fees are NOT included for snorkel gear rentals or marine reserve entry passes;
when snorkeling in those areas after Fishing.