Fishing Tours & Excursions
Enjoy World-class Fishing in Belize
Belize’s tropical waters offer one of the best year-round sport fishing adventures you’ll find anywhere. Belize’s Barrier Reef is extensive and rich in natural marine habitat, creating a world-renowned fishing destination.
Relax with us at Victoria House and let our experienced local fishing guides share their years of experience fishing the waters off of Ambergris Caye. There’s nothing quite like being out on the Caribbean, under the warm sun and landing one of the multitude of fish that inhabit these waters, like: Bonefish, Tarpon, Snapper, Grouper, Jack, Barracuda, Marlin, Sailfish, Tuna, or Wahoo.
Whether you are a novice or an expert our fishing guides will assist you throughout your fishing experience on the beautiful Belize Barrier Reef.
If you desire to catch your fish and eat it too… be our guest! Our chef enjoys preparing your catch of the day to your taste, providing you with a delicious dinner.
Half & Full Day Fish Excursions
Victoria House’s fishing guides have lived their lives on Ambergris Caye, and are very knowledgeable about the area, fishing and the species of fish. Price includes the guide, equipment (for the Flats, a fly rod, or for the Reef, a spinning rod), gas, tackle, cooler with ice, sodas and water. Box lunches are available upon request from the dining room for full day fishing trips.
When fishing the flats you will be in a small narrow boat called a Lanchon. The length of boats used on the flats runs from 20 to about 24 feet, and about five to six feet across. You fish off a platform on the bow of the boat for the best visibility. Once on the flats the guides cuts off the engine and prepares his guest on the deck to fish while he poles the boat through the flats. The bone fish flats are about 25-40 minutes on the leeward side of the island and you leave off our dock with the best guides on the island.
- 1/2 Day Flats Fishing (Morning): 7:30 am – 11:00 am
- 1/2 Day Flats Fishing (Afternoon): 1:30 pm – 5:00 pm
- Full Day Flats Fishing: 7:30 am – 2:30 pm
- 1/2 Day Flats Fishing: $283.50 US per boat (1 to 2 people)
- Full Day Flats Fishing: $402.00 US per boat (1 to 2 people)
- Full Day Tarpon Fishing: $506.25 US per boat (1 to 2 people)
At the reef we bottom fish with live sardines for Snappers, Horse eye jacks, Mackerel, Barracuda, and Groupers. After your trip you can bring your fresh caught fish to the dining room and have it prepared for lunch or dinner.
- 1/2 Day Reef Fishing (Morning): 8:00 am – 11:30 am
- 1/2 Day Reef Fishing (Afternoon): 1:30 pm – 5:00 pm
- Full Day Reef Fishing: 8:00 am – 2:30/3:00 pm
- 1/2 Day Reef Fishing: $283.50 US per boat (1 to 4 people)
- Full Day Reef Fishing: $402.00 US per boat (1 to 4 people)
* Please note: fish preperation will incur an additional dining room charge.
Deep Sea Fishing
You’ll fish in comfort aboard the 38-42 foot boats equipped with a cabin, bathroom, and a “fighting” chair. You’ll need it if you tie into a large Wahoo, Blue Marlin, Sailfish or King Fish. These boats allow for up to five lines out at the same time, and they’ve been known to have a strike on every line simultaneously!
- 1/2 Day Deep Sea Fishing (Morning): 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- 1/2 Day Deep Sea Fishing (Afternoon): 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Full Day Deep Sea Fishing: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
- 1/2 Day: $562.50 US per boat (1 to 4 people)
- Full Day: $787.50 US per boat (1 to 4 people)
- Full Day on 42 foot Newton: $1,125.00 US per boat (1 to 4 people)
Fish/BBQ/Snorkel or Fish/BBQ/Fish
Don’t worry, it’s not as complicated as it sounds! The trip begins at 8:30 am. At the reef you’ll first bottom fish with live sardines for Snapper, Horse Eye Jack, Mackerel, Barracuda, and Grouper. Once you’ve landed your bounty, it’s off to the beach. Your guide will BBQ the fish right on the beach for you and your group. After lunch you’ll head out to the reef to either do some more fishing, or don a mask and snorkel and jump in with the colorful ocean dwellers.
- Full Day Excursion: 8:30 am – 3:00/03:30 pm
- Full Day Excursion: $465.75 US for (1 to 4 people)
- Full Day Excursion: $106.88 US per person if more than 4 people
* Rates are in $USD and include all taxes and fees
** Taxes and fees are NOT included for snorkel gear rentals or marine reserve entry passes;
when snorkeling in those areas after Fishing.