VICTORIA HOUSE WELCOMES INTERNATIONAL GUESTS
Gold Standard Certified by the Belize Tourism Board
Belize Requires Negative COVID-19 Test for All Travellers
Effective Monday, August 9th, 2021 all travelers, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, will be required to present a negative COVID-19 test upon arrival in Belize.
All travelers entering Belize at the Philip Goldson International Airport (PGIA) will be required to present a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 96 hours of travel or a negative result from any approved Antigen Rapid Test taken within 48 hours of travel. If no test is presented, a COVID-19 test will be administered at the airport for a fee of USD $50 per passenger. Children under the age of 5 years will not be required to present a negative test; but children 5 years and older will be required to present a negative test.
All travelers entering Belize through the Northern and Western Borders will be administered a Rapid Test for COVID-19 by the Ministry of Health and Wellness, at their own expense. No external COVID-19 PCR or Rapid Test will be accepted at these points of entry.
Pre-Flight COVID-19 Testing for Re-Entry into the USA and Other Countries
The United States Center for Disease Control (CDC) requires incoming airline passengers to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to entering the United States. Tests must be taken no more than 3 days before the international flight departs. All passengers 2 years and older are required to be tested.
For your convenience, Victoria House Resort & Spa is able to arrange for onsite testing for our guests. Prices begin at $75 USD per person for antigen tests and $250 USD per person for PCR tests.
Entry and testing requirements vary between countries, so guests must inform us of the COVID-19 test they require (as well as any documentation) so suitable arrangements can be made.
All tests are administered by medical professionals in a safe, sanitized environment, and scheduling is handled by our guests’ services team upon check-in. While you may receive the results sooner, the standard turnaround for this service is 24 hours, and you can have your results provided via email or in hard copy format.
For further details on our on-site testing service please visit our blog.
If you need further information on the CDC guidelines, please visit the CDC website.
To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience, all visitors to Belize will be subject to new government COVID-19 regulations and guidelines during the current stage of the phased reopening.
Belize's "Tourism Gold Standard" Certification Program
To meet the new health and safety challenges presented by COVID-19, the Belize Tourism Board (BTB) has launched its “Tourism Gold Standard” certification program for hotels and tour operators to ensure a consistently high standard is being provided to visitors. We are pleased to share that Victoria House Resort & Spa has met and exceeded these Gold Standards, so you can trust your stay will be in the safest environment possible. Victoria House has been recognized by the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) and is authorized to use the “Safe Travels” Stamp.
The following graphic provides helpful information on the new arrival and departure process, but we recommend visiting the Belize Tourism Board website to learn more about the Belize’s new guidelines.
The well-being of our guests has always been of the utmost importance for Victoria House, and as such, we have undertaken significant efforts to ensure that future stays with us will be as relaxing and worry-free as always. You can learn more about the many measures we have taken, and how they may affect your experience below.
As always, please don’t hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.
Your experience at Victoria House Resort and Spa will be a harmonious blend of safety, luxury and personal service. The Belize government’s leadership in creating the Tourism Gold Standard Certification is a step above every other nation in the Caribbean. Masks are required in public spaces on our property, when entering the Front Desk/Gift Shop area, and when entering the restaurant or bar. They may be taken off once seated. Masks are not required on the resort grounds, when in the pool or on the beach as long as social distancing is maintained.
With 42 suites spread out over 10 lush acres, enjoy peace of mind where social distancing was considered an advantage long before COVID-19. Guests will enjoy the legendary personal touch that has earned the prestigious 2020 Condé Nast award Best for Romance, Central & South America and 2020 Tripadvisor award Ten Best Hotels for Romance in Central America. Our onsite tour operation is Gold Standard-certified, and we offer 5-star dining and luxurious amenities for a stay that will be as relaxing and worry-free as always.
- We know you want to enjoy your experience with us, so we will arrange tours and activities for you that meet Gold Standards and ensure your safety. Under Phase 3 reopening, guests will not be able to arrange tours on their own. However, Victoria House has always worked only with the most professional guides and tour operators, all of whom have met Gold Standards. We have world class fishing, snorkeling and other watersports, along with some fun new activities waiting for you.
- We are creating some new and delightful menu offerings for you, along with some delicious surprises! You’ll have more choices than ever and many ways to enjoy dining with us around our beautiful property.
- To maintain your safety and that of other guests, outside guests, friends and non-guests will only be able to enter the property to join you for private beach side lunches or dinners during this phase. This is by reservation only and numbers will be limited to provide for social distancing while dining together.
- The Government of Belize has mandated that masks be worn by in all public places including resort properties. Guests will be required to wear masks in the approved manner in public areas, when entering the Front Desk/Gift Shop area, and when entering the restaurant or bar. They may be taken off once seated. They’re not required when in the pool or on the beach as long as social distancing is maintained.
- A curfew is currently in effect from 9:00 pm to 4:00 am daily during which time guests may still relax on resort grounds and make use of both the Palmilla Restaurant which is open 6:30 am – 9:00 pm every day and Admiral Nelson’s Bar open all week from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm.
Whether you’re traveling to Belize for a fun-filled family getaway or a romantic escape, we know you’re looking for relaxation and solitude from the outside world. We are Gold Standard certified by the Belize Tourism Board and are exceeding all government-mandated standards to ensure our guests can enjoy their vacation with the utmost confidence.
- We know you want to enjoy your experience with us, so we will arrange tours and activities for you that meet Gold Standards and ensure your safety. Under Phase 3 reopening, guests will need to arrange activities through the resort. Victoria House has always partnered with the most professional guides and tour operators, all of whom have met Gold Standards. We have world class fishing, snorkeling and other watersports, along with some fun new activities waiting for you.
- To maintain your safety and that of other guests, outside guests, friends and non-guests will only be able to enter the property to join you for private beach side lunches or dinners during this phase. This will be by reservation only and numbers will be limited to provide for social distancing while dining together.
- Masks are required by the Belize government in all public places. Masks are required on our property, including the front desk and on the resort grounds. Masks may be removed once seated in the restaurant or by the pool or beach, as long as social distancing is maintained.
When checking in, guests receive exclusive service with a maximum occupancy of one (1) party at the front desk. We have taken precautions to maintain social distancing and low-contact protocol to create a seamless and comfortable experience. Have a sip of your refreshing welcome drink and let the island experience begin.
- Guests can now check-in online.
- Everyone entering the property will be quickly and easily temperature checked at the entryway.
- Posters, signage, and floor decals are in all areas of Victoria House to encourage social distancing and proper mask protocol.
- Plexiglass barriers are installed at the front desk for the guest’s protection, and hand sanitizer is available at the front desk and various other easily accessible locations around the resort.
- During check-in, COVID-19 protocols are reviewed and signed by guests to show that they understand and agree to these policies.
- Guests’ luggage will be sanitized at check-in, and on request, a guest services staff member will transport it to the guestroom door; however they are not permitted to enter the room.
Housekeeping, Sanitization & The Environment
We are meeting and exceeding national guidelines with our housekeeping measures to ensure our accommodations are scrupulously cleaned and sanitized for your peace of mind. We have invested in state-of-the-art cleaning equipment, while maintaining an eco-friendly environmental footprint. Victoria House Resort & Spa has partnered with BioSafe Distributors, to adopt a safe, effective approach to sanitizing and cleaning. This is accomplished by utilizing a two-pronged system that includes both Biological Fogging and Aqueous Ozone technology. Safe to use, ecologically friendly, and effective.
- Aqueous Ozone Technology or “Engineered Water” uses Aqueous Ozone (AO) technology that converts municipal water into a powerful contaminant-removing, bacteria-killing agent that cleans and sanitizes without the use of chemicals. The engineered water destroys all potentially harmful microorganisms and is a highly effective biofilm, fiber, and surface control agent that can be used to clean and disinfect virtually any environment. This technology converts cold tap water into a cleaning/disinfecting solution by infusing it with ozone gas. Ozone, or trioxygen, is a triatomic molecule consisting of three oxygen atoms or O3. Engineered Water will be used to sanitize high touch surfaces such as door handles, tables and chairs, pool and beach furniture and washrooms in public areas at scheduled intervals throughout the day. It will also be used by housekeeping staff to disinfect guest rooms, and by individual departments in their specific areas. Aqueous Ozone Engineered Water is approved by the EPA, FDA, USDA, is considered GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) as a natural and effective cleaner and sanitizer. Testing of various bacteria by an independent laboratory on hard, non-porous surfaces show >99.999% to >99.99999% reduction in as little as 6 seconds.
- Our DUPRAY Hill Injection steam cleaner, a commercial-grade, portable unit provides further sanitization and produces steam temperatures up to 347 degrees F, or 175 degrees C.
- Housekeeping wear masks, gloves, and aprons. Gloves are to be changed between every guest room.
- Floors are cleaned with microfiber mops and water will be changed between each unit.
- Linens and towels are sanitized at the highest temperature setting with hospital-grade detergents.
- Guest rooms are stocked with sanitizing wipes and Lysol disinfecting spray.
- Cold Fogging Technology utilizes biocidal technology and is effective in neutralizing over 300 viruses, bacteria, allergens, mold, spores, and fungi. The cold fogging process utilizes a ULV (Ultra Low Volume) electric fogger that produces a fine mist of tiny micron-sized particles that remain in the air long enough to kill any trace of airborne contamination. This solution settles onto all surfaces, even those untouched by traditional chemical cleaning methods, eliminating any potentially harmful microorganisms. BioSafe’s Biological Cold Fogging binary or two-part solution eliminates 99.99999% of the most common potentially harmful microorganisms including E. coli, Salmonella, C. difficile, Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA), Listeria, Norovirus, and Coronavirus. BioSafe’s Cold Fogging is non-toxic, leaves no chemical residue, is non-corrosive, is 100% biodegradable, and is environmentally safe. One of the primary benefits of this system is that it accomplishes ubiquitous coverage, is extremely effective as a decontaminant, safe to apply and to use on all surfaces including electronics. This solution is recognized by the EPA as effective against SARS-CoV-2; the virus that causes COVID-19 and many other pathogens. Guest rooms, public areas and other encloses spaces will be disinfected using this system on a regular basis.
- Housekeeping service will be provided every 3rd day unless requested earlier.
- All housekeeping staff are required to follow a detailed cleaning checklist.
- Housekeeping cannot enter guest rooms when guests are present.
- All high-touch points in guest rooms are thoroughly sanitized, including light switches, door handles, furniture surfaces, phones, remote controls and more.
- All glassware is thoroughly washed and sanitized.
- Minibars are filled only on request.
The Palmilla Restaurant and Admiral Nelson’s Bar
From private candlelit dinners on the pier to delicious meals poolside, dining at Victoria House Resort & Spa has always been about ambiance and intimacy. We have implemented new procedures including social distancing, ‘touchless’ digital menus, and new sanitization protocol for a relaxing and comfortable culinary experience.
- Registered guests at Victoria House are not required to show proof of vaccination when dining onsite at the resort. Dining at all offsite establishments requires proof of vaccination accompanied with your driver’s license or passport to enter.
- Restaurant staff wear appropriate PPE.
- Restaurant and bar seating is arranged to follow social distancing for all meals and cocktail service.
- Reservations are required for dinner and seating will be limited during other meal service times.
- Our restaurant and bar staff clean and sanitize tables and chairs immediately as a party departs, and before new guests are seated.
- Hosts direct guests to their tables upon arrival.
- Masks may be removed once seated, if leaving the table for any reason, guests are required to don their masks.
- Hand sanitizer is available.
- Condiments, such as salt and pepper, hot sauce, and ketchup are available upon request.
- Menus are available online or on a limited number of laminated copies, which are thoroughly disinfected between uses.
- High-touch points are regularly sanitized during meal services.
- Room Service is available by ordering in person, or by messaging Jeanie, a personal digital assistant available for our guests.
Pool & Beach
No trip to Belize would be complete without spending quality time lounging poolside or on a brilliant white-sand beach. Friendly and attentive staff are available to ensure your time in the sun is a blissful experience. Enjoy effortless social distancing and let the gentle sea breezes blow your worries away!
- Pools and beach lounge chairs are arranged to follow social distancing protocols.
- Loungers and other equipment are spotless and sanitized between guests.
- Trained team members are assigned to all public pool areas to assist guests in following protocols and to sanitize high-touch surfaces.
- All high-touch points are sanitized frequently.
- Beach access is monitored by security staff.
The Spa at Victoria House is an oasis meant for relaxation, inspiration, and indulgence. Enjoy well-trained therapists, showers, lockers, a spacious and blissful relaxation area and treatment salons opening onto a private courtyard. Guests can enjoy a variety of treatment options knowing that every detail has been attended to. The Spa incorporates the highest safety standards for guests’ comfort and enjoyment.
- Guest occupancy at the spa lobby is limited to two persons at any one time.
- All high-touch points are sanitized frequently.
- Advanced bookings are required.
- Digital menu options are available.
Tours & Activities
No trip to Belize is complete without adventure, either a little or a lot! Victoria House Resort & Spa is a BTB-licensed Tour Operator and as a Tourism Gold Standard certified entity our in-house activity center, located at the foot of our dock, can help ensure that guests can enjoy worry-free activities. Our experienced activities team have created custom tailored outings that offer fun, safe and secure excursions into Mother Nature’s Best Kept Secret.
- Our in-house tour center is Gold Standard certified.
- High touch areas, furniture and equipment are regularly sanitized.
- Tour desk counter and seats are sanitized frequently.
- Tour desk staff wear required PPE.
- Dive shop personnel clean and sanitize all high-touch points frequently.
- Dive gear rentals are washed, disinfected, and air-dried according to DAN guidelines.
- New mouthpieces, masks, snorkels, and wetsuits are available for purchase.
- Sharing of equipment is not allowed by staff and tour guides.
- Boats are disinfected frequently.
You can keep up your healthy routine at our well-equipped fitness center which is always maintained by our Gold Standard safety protocols. The fitness center is open by appointment.
Check-out & Departure
Checking out at Victoria House Resort & Spa is seamless and touchless. From our family to yours, we look forward to seeing you next time!
- All activities and tours are charged to the room, with one final bill presented at the end of guests’ stay to minimize contact.
- The front desk has a touchless credit card machine to facilitate contactless payments.
- Guests drop room keys in a drop box when checking out. Keys are then thoroughly sanitized and placed inside a sealed bag.
We care deeply about the safety of not only our loyal guests, but also our dedicated employees. The entire Victoria House team has undertaken extensive training as part of our Gold Standard certification process. We are committed to offering you a safe and relaxing resort experience, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Belize soon!
- Our team has had extensive health and safety training related to COVID-19 and has completed 17 courses this summer in total.
- We have a dedicated Program Manager whose list of responsibilities includes, but is not limited to: logging temperature checks, developing protocols, organizing training sessions, consulting with department heads, and implementing corrective actions for non-compliance.
- All employees are required to submit to temperature checks during their shift.
- All employees are required to wear a facemask as part of their uniforms.
- Security personnel prohibit staff members with flu-like symptoms from accessing the property.
- Employee meal schedules are modified to have fewer employees eating at the same time.
- Each department has a supervisor assigned on every shift to ensure that protocols are being followed.
- All on-shift employees are required to carry a small container of hand sanitizer with them at all times.
* Please note that our processes are continually evolving as a result of the guidance we receive from government, industry, and health organizations. As such, our measures, and all of the information provided on this page is subject to change without notice.