Are you missing our delicious menus at Palmilla Restuarant and Admiral Nelson’s Bar? While you may not be able to visit Victoria House Resort & Spa right now, we promised we would try to bring a bit of the resort to you at home. First up is a recipe from our chef Karen Romero. If you are looking for something different for breakfast this weekend, try these easy-to-make cheesy polenta eggs.
Cheesy Polenta Eggs Ingredients
- 1/4 cup polenta
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 oz. grated parmesan cheese
- 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 breakfast sausage
- Julienned green and red sweet peppers
- Salt to taste
- Heat the water in a saucepan until it’s hot.
- Add the polenta and stir for 3 minutes.
- Next, add the heavy cream.
- Stir everything for one minute or until it’s thickened.
- Add the two kinds of cheese.
- Stir again until the cheese is melted.
- Heat the breakfast sausages.
- Lightly grill the peppers.
- Cook the eggs to your preference — we recommend poaching or frying.
Plating Your Victoria House Resort & Spa Cheesy Polenta Eggs
Plating your dish is pretty simple. Just grab a shallow bowl and place the polenta in the bowl with the grilled sausages on either side. Gently place the eggs on top of the warm polenta. Then you will garnish with lightly grilled sweet peppers.
Don’t forget to vote for us in the Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards. Shared from our Facebook post:
We are excited to share a bit of good news. Victoria House was nominated under Hotels and Resorts in the 2020 Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards. Belize is also nominated under the countries category. Voting is open now through April 30, 2020. We appreciate your support, especially in these tough times. Thank you!